*Are you a subcontractor? You may be required to submit inquiries instead of RFIs. Inquiries can be escalated to RFIs by the GC. Learn more about inquiries here: Create an Inquiry
For a printable Quick Start guide, click here! Quick Start: Create RFIs and Inquiries
What is an inquiry?
An inquiry is a less formal version of an RFI. Inquiries can be resolved and closed through the inquiry workflow, or be escalated to an official RFI. Some projects may require that Subcontractors only file inquiries, which can be escalated to an official RFI by the GC. Here are the topics we'll cover in this article:
Create RFIs and Inquiries
1. Navigate to RFIs (A), then RFI List (B).
2. Select Add (C).
3. Select Inquiry to create a new inquiry, select Open to create an RFI. Enter the information for your RFI/inquiry. If you need to attach files, select the Add button. (D)
4. To select a map location for your RFI, scroll to the bottom of the RFI form. Select the floor plan from the folder tree (E). Use the Navigation tool (F) to move around the map, and use the Selection tool (G) to select areas relevant to your RFI.
5. Once you have entered all the information for your RFI or Inquiry, select Save in the upper right. If you selected "Inquiry", and new entry will be added to the Inquiry List. If you selected "Open", a new RFI will appear in the RFI list.
The new RFI will be placed in an Assigned - In Progress status. The RFI can be reassigned to the appropriate party for comment, voided, or closed with a Final Response.
Escalate Inquiries to RFIs
Some projects may require that Subcontractors only file inquiries, which can be escalated to an official RFI by the GC. Read on to learn how to escalated Inquiries to RFIs.
1. Open the RFIs (A) tool, and select Inquiry List (B).
- Blue highlighting: The inquiry has been escalated to an RFI
- Green highlighting: The inquiry has been resolved
- White highlighting: The inquiry is in progress
2. Use the lefthand search menu to locate the inquiry, or select the INQ ID (C).
3. Once you have opened the inquiry, you can make a selection from the toolbar in the upper right. Open to RFI will advance the inquiry to an RFI, which will now appear in the main RFI List. You can also reassign, edit, void it, and more.
4. If you're ready to close the inquiry, select Close. You will be asked to select the closure type, such as Final Response.