The Inertia Construction Management iOS app allows you to take Inertia into the field, even where WiFi or cellular data aren't available. Download the Inertia app from the Apple App Store on your iPad using iOS 13.2 or above. The Inertia app gives you the ability to create new punch list items from the field, view punch list location reports, and work in "Offline" mode.
Where can I find the app?
The Inertia app can be found on the Apple App Store on iPad.
*Please note, the Apple App Store may only show apps that are compatible with your device. The Inertia app is presently available on iPad only, you may not be able to locate it if viewing the app store on your phone or computer.
Create and Sync Punch List Items
1. To begin, log in using your email address and password. *The iPad app uses the same login information as the Inertia Web App.
2. From the My Project page, select your project.
3. On the project page, you will find the maps for this project. In the Download column, select any sheets you would like to download to the app. *Downloading the sheet to the Inertia app is necessary to view and work with punch list records.
4. Once you have selected the sheets you would like to download, select the Download arrow in the upper right corner.
5. Your selected sheets and attached records will now complete their download to your iPad app. This may take a few minutes, depending on the amount of Punch List records.
6. Once the information has finished downloading, you are ready to go. Downloaded sheets will show the last time they were downloaded/updated in the Sync column. Tap the sheet name to open.
Create and Sync Punch List Items
1. To create a Punch List item, you will first need to select a location. Select a location by tapping it with your finger, or use the dropdown menu in the upper left corner to search for locations by name. Selected locations are highlighted in blue.
2. Once you have selected your location (highlighted in blue), select the orange plus sign in the bottom right corner, and select Punch List.
3. Tap the affected area of your selected room to add a circle. The circle will indicate the location of the issue in the room, and allow you to attach details.
4. Select the Category and optional subcategories.
*Selecting subcategories is strongly recommended, but you are not required to select all 3 levels of subcategory.To skip subcategory select, use the "Next" button in the upper right corner.
5. Enter the details of the issue. Be sure to include as much information as possible about the issue and location. To attach documents, images, or take a photo with the iPad, look for the Attachments section.
6. When you've entered all your information, select Save. Create additional punch list records as needed.
7. When you are finished creating punch list items, return to the map list to sync your records. The number shown in the upper right is the number of records that are waiting to be synced. Use of a reliable wifi/data signal is strongly recommended. If you are working in the field without internet connectivity, you must sync your records when you regain your internet connection.
*Syncing your records is required to send the punch list items to your Inertia account, failing to do so may result in a loss of data.
Select the Online icon in the upper right. Use the Upload button to upload individual records, or tap Sync All to sync all pending record updates.
8. Once the records finish syncing, the Online icon will no longer show a number next to it. This indicates there are no records waiting to be synced.
The Location Reports function will allow you to see all punch list records for a given location.
1. Select a location from the map by tapping it with your finger, or select from the "Location" dropdown menu.
2. Select Location Report. A panel will open from the right side, showing all issues for that location. Filter by All Location Tasks, My Tasks, and My Company's tasks.
Please sign in to leave a comment.