Please Note: Instructions in this article apply only to the Inertia Web App V3 (app.inertiasystems.com).
Add new users to a project
Requirements: To add users to a project, you must be one of the following user roles:
- Quality Control
- Quality Control - Lead
- QC Super User
1. From the lefthand navigation menu, select Project Settings
2. Select the Users tab.
3. On the righthand side, select Add.
4. Enter the user's First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Company. (*Note - if the user's company is not available from the dropdown menu, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add the company to the project.)
If the user already has an Inertia account, you will see this message: "Email exists, values entered will modify user details." This means that if you make a change to the user's name or phone number, this update will be reflected on their Inertia user account.
5. Next, select a user role. Your options will include:
- Architect - Standard role for architects and other members of the design team.
- Inspection Desk - This person is able to manage inspection requests for the IOR team and perform other administrative tasks for IORs.
- Inspector of Record - Standard role for IORs.
- Owner - This user can view all records in the project, and make comments.
- Owner - View Only - This user can view all records in the project, but cannot make changes.
- Quality Control - Standard role for the General Contractor's team
- Quality Control - Lead - This user has additional permissions to be able to override some inspection requests, void records, etc.
- Special Inspector - This role can upload documentation about inspections and make comments, but cannot workflow inspection records.
- Sub-Contractor (W) - Standard role for all Sub-Contractor users.
6. Optionally, you can enter a phone number and job title for the user.
7. Make a selection for "Default" user. (The “Default” user for a company is the user that will be the recipient when a record such as an inspection request is returned to their assigned company.) Each company should have at least one default user selected.
8. Select Active = Yes to ensure the user is active on the project. (If you'd like to add the user to the project but keep their user temporarily deactivated, select Active = No)
9. Select Save and send welcome email to send the user a Welcome email to the project with instructions to log into Inertia. Select Save if you would like to add the user to the project without sending the welcome email. The new project will appear in the Project dropdown menu in the upper right of Inertia for that user.