What is the Locations Tool?
The locations tool centralizes records and map locations from various tools including Inspections, Punch Lists, Check lists, and RFIs.
- What can I do in the Locations tool?
- Getting Started - Opening Maps
- Map Navigation
- Create new records
- How do I view my tasks?
- How do I locate a specific record?
What can I do in the Locations tool?
In the Locations tool, you can do the following:
- View records from the Inspection, Punch list, Check list and RFI tools
- View the status of individual locations, groups of locations, or the entire floor plan
- Print a location's QR code
- View tasks assigned to you
- Create new records (Inspection, Punch list, Check list and RFI tools only)
- Print a list of records with it's corresponding map
Getting Started - Opening Maps
1. To get started, we'll need to select a map from our project. Navigate to Locations > Map List.
2. Select your map from the list or use the search bar at the top. Double click the row to open. You can open multiple maps at the same time if you'd like, simply navigate back to the Map List to select additional maps to open.
In the upper left corner, you will find your map navigation and selection tools. When a location or group of locations is selected, any records associated with that location will be displayed in the righthand panels.
A. Select Single Location - Select one location at a time
B. Select Area - Click and drag to select all locations in an area.
C. Add to Selection - This option will allow you to select multiple locations, or add additional locations to your selection.
D. Remove from Selection - Remove locations from your selection.
E. Deselect All - Clear any selections you have made on the map and will return you to the default view of the map.
F. Zoom to fit - This option will reset the map orientation and zoom back to the default view.
E. Zoom to selection - if you have a location or object selected, this option will help you quickly zoom the map straight to that item.
Create new records
To learn how to create new Inspection, Punch List, and RFI records from the Locations tool, click here: Create new records from the Locations tool
In the upper right corner, you will find a button titled Reports. This option will allow you to display all records for a location or the whole map using a variety of filters. In the attached example, we have filtered the records on the map by Common IR Type, and Installing Co. Selecting individual locations from the map will display any associated records in the righthand panel.
To view ALL records on a map for a given tool, select a module (Inspections, Punch lists, etc), but do not select any filters.
How do I view my tasks?
After selecting a location from the map, locate the dropdown menus at the top of the righthand panel. Select My Tasks to see all tasks assigned to your user. Use the second dropdown menu to filter complete or incomplete tasks.
How do I locate a specific record?
To locate specific records, we recommend using the Reports filters, or using the list view in the desired tool. For example, if you were looking for a specific Inspection Request, we recommend using the IR Main List and it's search tool.