- Required User Permissions:
- To request to enable the Inertia app, 'Admin' permission on the company's Admin tool.
- To open the Inertia app in a Procore project, "Subcontractor" permission or higher In the Inertia app
- Active Inertia subscription
- App Version ID (Provided by Inertia Support during onboarding)
- Please Note:
- Your BIM model(s) will be available for use in the Inertia app when they have completed processing.
As part of the Inertia onboarding process, we will help guide you through installation of the app. The following steps will guide you through the full Custom App installation process, but please speak with your onboarding specialist to schedule walkthrough on screenshare.
1. Log into your Procore Account. *Please note, the app must be installed by a user with Admin permissions. If a non-admin user is used, your user or project information linked to your Inertia project may be incomplete.
2. From the upper righthand side of the Procore dashboard, select the Select an App dropdown menu, and select App Management.
3. In the upper right corner, select the orange Install App button, and select Install Custom App.
4. Enter the App Version ID provided by Inertia. Select Install.
5. Select Install to confirm.
6. You should receive a confirmation message as follows:
7. On the App Management page, locate the Inertia app and select View.
8. Select Configurations.
9. Select Create Configuration.
10. Create your app configuration.
- Select both Global Projects Config and Company Level Config
- *Global configuration is recommended, but not required. Read more about Procore app configuration settings here: What are app configurations?)
- Enter the title Inertia
- Select Create to save the configuration
10. Return to the project homepage, and open the Apps dropdown in the upper right to launch the Inertia app.
11. Select Launch when prompted.
If you have been instructed by the Inertia team to create a new project, proceed with the steps outlined below.
1. After hitting the Launch button, you will be prompted to create a new project in Inertia. Enter the name of the project, and the primary permit number (optional).
2. Select Create the Project to save.
3. When the project has been created successfully, please email your Inertia contact or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your app install. You may be prompted to upload your BIM model, but your Inertia Onboarding team will work with you directly to add the model to your project.